Friday 20 September 2013

PAIN.

So if this is how it feels, I don't want to feel it anymore, ever.
'Cos pain is just overrated.
I have felt it.
It ain't poetic.
It ain't romantic.
It ain't bittersweet always.
It ain't a melody.
Sometimes it feels like a blackout.
Sometimes like sucks-your-soul-out.
And sometimes like a week full of dental procedures.
Pain can bind you into a web of dismay and pessimism.
It keeps whispering to you, "I'm not going away. I'm here to stay."
Pain has made me desperate.
Pain has made me vulnerable.
Pain has made me change.
Pain has made me lose myself.
I think about all the pretty four letter words and I pick pain as the odd one out.
Lovely words, love, hope, kiss, like, star, however lovely they are, they all can be linked to this unpretty four letter word: pain.
They say time is the best healer.
I agree.
Time has cured me too, from pain.
But time can do nothing about the scars.
Pain leaves you a mark.
You don't have a choice.
With you, it resides.
Forever.
I know I said pain ain't poetic, but here I am, yet writing about it.

I'd still say it ain't poetic.
If anything it is, I'd call it interesting.
Cos it has the most difficult job ever.
A job that even my sadistic side dreads to take up.

4 comments:

  1. prolong constant pain sucks n tarnishes acumen !!
    but ur confidence plays a great role to over come..
    pain looses its graveness if exists for long ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pain - a feeling that cannot be ridiculed. Neither can it be loved. Strangely, you cannot afford to hate it too. U have to endure it the right way. Most of the times it will end with a relief, except for one type of pain, that comes with pleasure too. It ends up with 'Yeh Dil Maange more!'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know pain. I understand pain. Sometimes I share my pain. Sometimes I endure pain.
    You have written beautifully on pain and I commend your work but hopefully you don't know pain like the way I do.
    I hope you write more soon as it has been a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true... Time heals the pain but pain leaves you a mark which resides with you forever!

    ReplyDelete